Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Time for Thyme


I have fallen in love with the herb thyme. It may be a little hard to tell from the picture, but it is covered with tiny, pink blossoms. I just love it. I've also planted more thyme, of a more compact, creeping variety, both in my herb garden in the back yard and then also surrounding a small pond that I actually dug out and created over the weekend in front of the house. One type is called lemon thyme and it is green and yellow and when you smell it, it's just like lemons - heavenly!!! I'll try to post some more pictures later, but enjoy this one first - and make some room in your garden for thyme!

1 comment:

Melissa Dillon said...

Wow! You dug a small pond?! All by yourself?? I'm impressed! When you're done with YOUR yard, you can help me with MINE!

I love the smell of lemons, so I will definitely be planting some thyme. And it looks so pretty, too.

I love when you post your own pictures so I can see what's going on over there in SC. I miss you... and the beautiful warm spring weather!

Missaliss