Thursday, January 7, 2010

Inspiring Quotes for 2010

I came across the following quotes handwritten by me on a worn out piece of paper while sorting through some old paperwork. I hope they inspire you.

"How many estimate difficulties in the light of their own resources, and thus attempt little and often fail in the little they attempt! All God's giants have been weak men, who did great things for God because they reckoned on His being with them." - Hudson Taylor

"He that builds his nest on a divine promise shall find that it abides and remains until he shall fly away to the land where promises are lost in fulfillment." - Charles H. Spurgeon

"Fear questions and retreats; faith takes the things God has promised and moves forward... Fear says, 'How?' Faith says, 'God!'"

2 comments:

Mark D said...

I’m a sucker for good quotes and these are great!!! They’ll go right into the running inventory of quotes I keep adding to. I keep a txt file that’s loaded with them. It’s kind of neat to be able to go back and read things you may have noted years and years ago.

Thanks for sharing it. I like the photo of you and Mark in the sidebar too. Can't remember if it was here last time I stopped by or not.

bonnie swan said...

great quotes, mel! i might add this one: stop telling God how big your mountains are; instead tell your mountains how big your God is! don't know who said it but i have to remind myself of it on occasion.