Sunday, March 20, 2011

10th Anniversary Getaway

Here are some pictures to share from the getaway that Mark and I took to Oak Island, North Carolina to celebrate our 10th anniversary on March 17th. We stayed at a beach house for an entire week and it was wonderful. Molly & Major were able to go with us as well and they enjoyed the daily walks on the beach. Major liked the surf but Molly did her absolute best to stay as far away as possible, which was to the end of the leash. :-) I'd say Mark most enjoyed Port City Java coffee shop in Southport, as well as lots of reading, while I enjoyed the various shops and learning how to knit from the owner of Angelwing Needle Arts in Southport. But also glad to be Home Sweet Home!



























2 comments:

Melissa said...

I really don't know if you know how much it means to me to see pictures of your life and happenings. It makes me feel so much closer! I'm so glad you were able to bring along M & M this time... and I'm sure they were so happy to not have to go to a kennel or a have a doggy-sitter come by. What a special time as a family. :)

Such a beautiful place! I love the first pic with your book and cup of coffee... MY kind of relaxing! :) Is this your first time reading Jane Eyre??? I simply love that book!

You take such wonderful pics, Mel! It is so nice to get a taste of the seaside, since we are still under snow up here in northern MN. Do you think I could live in that yellow house? I'm thinking I could definitely handle it. Ha! What a gorgeous place!

Makes me miss SC... and you, Mark and M&M, of course!

Love you! Glad you had such a wonderful time. Happy Anniversary!!

Miss

Melissa said...

P.S. We just got back late tonight from a day trip to Duluth to meet Jamie and Ang. It was such a nice day... though cold and foggy, but I would love to spend some time there this summer. It always has that "beachy" feel to me. J and A were staying in a beautiful resort overlooking the water. When you walk in, all you see is a long wall of windows with Lake Superior right there. Just beautiful! They will be spending a few days there for spring break just reading and relaxing.