Monday, May 9, 2011

God's Thoughts Toward Me

It's amazing how often we can read passages of Scripture and then suddenly one day they jump off the page at us like we've never read them before. Psalm 139 is one of the most well known portions of Scripture, especially in reference to the sanctity of life. But tonight it was new to me - at least this portion of it.

Psalm 139:17-18 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Amazing - it is impossible to count the number of thoughts that God has thought and is currently thinking about me - more in number than the sand. Honestly, I can't wrap my mind around that. I realize that I go through my day acting so separate from God but He is thinking of me constantly. What love! And what a message to share with the world!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

:) Great reminder. It has always been a struggle of mine to continually "practice" the presence of God... I want so very badly to be thinking of God all day long as well. His perfect love never fails to think of me for one second, and that is so comforting. Thanks for posting this.