Thursday, February 26, 2009

What a Gift!

I arrived home from work today to find a big box on our porch. My mother-in-law, Yolanda, had told me she was sending something that she made but I was blown away when I opened the box. As I told her on the phone, "there are no words to describe how beautiful it is." Check out the pictures of her cross stitched masterpiece below. The detail of the flowers (check out the hydrangea, Missy) and vase our exquisite and I've never seen a frame like this before. It is already proudly displayed in our living room. I was able to replace another picture with it and it fit perfectly with the surrounding decor. Thank you so much, Mom, for all the hours you put into making us this beautiful heirloom. I will treasure it as long as I live!!! Love you!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous! How many hours must have gone into this masterpiece!? I still haven't finished a cross stitch sampler that I started 20 years ago! What a treasure (both the gift AND the mother-in-law!!) LOVE it! Love the Hydrangea... they're my favorite!

Miss

Anonymous said...

you are blessed! i remember a couple of other cross stitches done with loving hands. i was so impressed with the work and labor or love. you are reaping what you have sown, mel--love and blessing.