Monday, November 23, 2009

Maple Walnut Pumpkin Pie

This is a great variation of pumpkin pie, with some extra ingredients to make it extra special. Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 tsp maple flavoring
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Walnut topping:
1 (9 inch) Graham cracker pie crust or unbaked pie shell
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 T. butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. In large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, maple flavoring, ginger, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into pie shell.

3. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees; continue baking 30 minutes.

4. In medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts.

5. Remove pie from oven; top evenly with crumb mixture. Return to oven 10 minutes. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store covered in refrigerator.

3 comments:

Melissa Dillon said...

Oh, yes, this is much easier to read than the other copy that you sent me... thanks for posting it. It looks soooo yummmmmmy. I've never made pies before, yet I think I'm going to try three different ones this year. Crazy, you say? Yes, I believe I am. Maybe I'll become really good at baking pies through it all.

I hope your Thanksgiving is loverly. I sure wish you could come up here to celebrate with us. I miss you.

Melissa Dillon said...

Oooh, I just had to tell you that this pie was a huge hit at our Thanksgiving Celebration! Lots of good comments... And I like using the graham cracker crust... much easier than rolling out your own pie dough! Easy peasy and soooo good! Thanks!

ryen said...

This was good! I still need to make it for myself!!