Saturday, June 13, 2009

Not where it's supposed to be...

When I looked out my kitchen window yesterday morning, I was suprised to see the following:


We had a pretty quick storm the previous evening with some definite winds, but when I looked around the rest of the yard hardly any other branches had been broken off. It was actually kind of cool to see it sticking there. But then we got to thinking that we'd have to repair the hole to keep the water and all from leaking into the shed and it wasn't as cool. So Mark went out to survey the damage before work and here's what he found:

As you can see, thankfully it didn't even enter the shed! So now our little garden shed just has some extra character. It will be interesting to see how long we decide to leave the limb stuck there, or if the next strong storm will rip it out. I joked with Mark that I could hang some flowers from the limb, but he wasn't too keen on that idea!

4 comments:

Mark Dillon said...

Wow! That's about as close as you can come to some serious damage! That must have been some strong wind to have thrown a branch that big around so violently! I've been waiting for a big thunderstorm to come our way but so far we haven't had anything bad at all. I've seen a few lightning bolts but that's about it. I enjoy storms generally... For some reason I always seem to sleep better!

Melissa said...

Wow! Good thing you weren't standing there! Looks like that would have gone right through somebody!

Yes, I think you should leave it there... It adds character.

ryen said...

wow, how did that happen?

Andrea Bennett said...

Wow, that is a big branch. I'm glad it didn't do more damage. I do think the flower idea is great. Come on Mark, live a little.
luv u,
-a