Sunday, June 7, 2009

Old Garden Gloves

I read in a book that you could use old garden gloves to put plants in. I thought I'd try it this year since I had a few pairs with holes at the ends of the fingers. The pretty feminine ones don't fit me very well because of my long fingers, so I easily break through them each year. Anyway, I'm pretty pleased so far with how it turned out. And the flowers that I planted in them are called moss roses, or Portulaca, and grow well in dry, arid conditions, which is why I chose them. I still try to water them every day but so far the plants seem to have adapted very well to the old garden gloves. We'll see how they progress through the summer with lack of room for the roots.


2 comments:

Melissa Dillon said...

What a cute idea!

ryen said...

Now this is creative of ya!