Saturday, July 25, 2009

Who's eating my tomatoes?

I was tying my falling tomatoes to the wire fencing when I noticed a rather large caterpillar stuck to one of the branches and was amazed by it's size. I had never seen one before since I haven't had a garden, but he was the same exact color as the branch. I had Mark come out to take a look at him and pull him off with a glove, and then he also noticed that our little green monster had eaten away half of one of my tomatoes. I guess that's why you'll notice a blob on the last picture that came out of the caterpillar. Fun, fun gardening! BTW - my gentle husband made sure to transport the little guy to a safe location away from our dogs, but hopefully far enough away from my tomatoes as well!!!



1 comment:

Melissa said...

He's huge! Probably because he ate so much of your tomato!

So fun to see pics of your gardens and produce. Can't wait to see what you learn as a Master Gardener!