Saturday, July 30, 2011

Baby Lizard

Check out this little guy. I don't much like most reptiles but we have a lot of these lizards around in the summer and for some reason I like them. This is definitely a baby. He's small, only about two inches long in his body, and he stayed in one place long enough for me to run in for the camera and come back out. Usually the adults move so fast you would never have time to snap three pictures. Also, he's bright green whereas the adults usually change colors to fit in more with their surroundings. I think he's cute!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Not a big lizard fan myself.... usually I put them in the scary critter category since they run so fast and are unpredictable. That is one thing I don't miss about Texas... that and cockroaches. I have to admit, they look cute in pictures, though. :)

Isn't it amazing that they can change colors. I just think God is so creative!

Anonymous said...

I found out that this little guy is a green anole and is different from the ones we see that change colors and are called lined skinks. Here is a link to the website with that info - http://www.snakesandfrogs.com/scra/lizards/sclizard.htm

Melinda