Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rooting Jar


I purchased this jeweled jar at a gardening symposium this past March. It is meant for rooting cuttings from other plants. I really just bought it because the jeweled wire holding the jar was so pretty but I have successfully rooted the plants you see inside. Now I need to pot them. I thought it would make a nice gift to pass along to a friend since it would have come directly from my own plant. I do know that not everyone likes the responsibility of live plants in their house so I'll have to make sure not to "burden" the wrong person with it. :-)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ooooh, burden ME please! :) How special to have a plant from you sitting on my kitchen counter. Not sure how we would do that, though, since you live like 66 states away. :)

The jar is beautiful! Such a cool use for it.

xoxo

Mel Joy said...

I will definitely try to arrange to burden you some day! :-)