Monday, May 28, 2012

2012 Gardening

Here are some pictures of the gardening work I did this spring.  I'm enjoying the bed I built for vegetables.  My tomatoes are probably 10 times the size of what is in these pics so I'll have to post a new picture soon.  And hopefully I can post a picture of some of the actual fruits of my labor as well - cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, green and red peppers, cucumbers, etc.  I've already been able to use some fresh cilantro and basil for recipes, plus but some apple mint in as I'm brewing iced tea for Mark.  He said it was good!

I also planted some blueberry bushes and asparagus that aren't pictured here so we'll see how those do.  Otherwise, I just put in quite a few different perennials such as a honeycomb butterfly bush that is now flowering.  Definitely fun to see things coming together in my yard as this is probably the first in five springs that I have felt like I am getting somewhere!!!

Planted rose bush between two
emerald and gold bushes


Rose bush in the middle that was planted last fall
Put hostas behind it and creeping jenny to the sides

Put the rose bush in this spring

Here is the vegetable bed - basil, cilantro, parsley,
sage, 3 kinds of tomatoes and 3 kinds of peppers.
I also planted cucumbers in a whiskey barrel and two
kinds of melons on the other side of the yard.
Hoping for some fresh veggies and melons this year!


Baby cherry tomatoes.
Aren't they cute?!?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love when you post pics of your gardening. It's so fun to see the progress. You'll have to show the pictures of all your produce in the fall. I love your raised beds.