Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mexican Rice & Beans

Well, today I took a stab at making rice and beans as my father-in-law was kind enough to show me how to make the rice this past week.  My sister-in-law, Kristina, gave me good directions for making the beans as well.  I'm glad to say that my first attempt was at least somewhat successful.  Mark said it was good except that the rice was a little undercooked, which I should be able to easily remedy the next time around.  I thought the beans were delicious and they looked like refried beans from a real Mexican restaurant. :-) Thanks to Dad and Kristina for letting me in on some family secrets!!!

Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas, Mexican Rice and Refried Beans - yum!!!

4 comments:

Miss said...

It looks yummy! Now I'm craving Mexican food. :)

Miss said...

It looks yummy! Now I'm craving Mexican food. :)

Unknown said...

Looks great Mel!!! You did an awesome job!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.